More From Helen Hayes
- "Every human being on this earth is born with a tragedy, and it isn’t original sin. He’s born with the tragedy that he has to grow up… a lot of people don’t have the courage to do it."
- "When traveling with someone, take large does of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee."
- "From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover that you have wings."
More In Work
- "I think I can work with any type of actor."― Ang Lee
- "Leaders aren’t born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal."― Vince Lombardi
- "I’m just quizzical about how things work and why things are."― William Shatner