More From Helen Hayes
- "Mere longevity is a good thing for those who watch Life from the side lines. For those who play the game, an hour may be a year, a single day’s work an achievement for eternity."
- "From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover that you have wings."
- "When traveling with someone, take large does of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee."
More In Art
- "Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other."― Leo Buscaglia
- "Not to say people shouldn’t get rich from art. I adore the alchemy wherein artists who cast a complex spell make rich people give them their money. (Just writing it makes me cackle.) But too many artists have been making money without magic."― Jerry Saltz
- "Pictures must not be too picturesque."― Ralph Waldo Emerson