More From Helen Hayes
- "The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity – love. And the story of a love is not important – what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity."
- "I cry out for order and find it only in art."
- "From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover that you have wings."
More In Courage
- "Haven’t two hundred years of failed missionary work overseas taught anybody anything? You can’t convert people to anything – whether religion, or something as inane as our flicks."― Kevin Smith
- "But we got up there and decided to stick to this mix of power chords and funk and that’s where it really started for us. In having the courage to take that decision. To take a gamble not just with our music but our lives."― Michael Hutchence
- "We need to recognise that the whole edifice of our fifth estate, of our journalism, has been built on a foundation of newspaper journalism and that that foundation is crumbling. The management of the media companies will deny that the end is nigh. I hope they are right."― Malcolm Turnbull