More From Helen Hayes
- "I cry out for order and find it only in art."
- "The good die young but not always. The wicked prevail but not consistently. I am confused by life, and I feel safe within the confines of the theatre."
- "Every human being on this earth is born with a tragedy, and it isn’t original sin. He’s born with the tragedy that he has to grow up… a lot of people don’t have the courage to do it."
More In Age
- "An age which is incapable of poetry is incapable of any kind of literature except the cleverness of a decadence."― Raymond Chandler
- "As long as any adult thinks that he, like the parents and teachers of old, can become introspective, invoking his own youth to understand the youth before him, he is lost."― Margaret Mead
- "I think that clearly it has an influence, to be coming of age during the punk rock era, to come from a difficult and sporadically violent background, to have been in and out of such chaos, I think it actually helps. But I don’t know for sure."― Craig Ferguson