More From Havelock Ellis
- "Pain and death are part of life. To reject them is to reject life itself."
- "Men who know themselves are no longer fools. They stand on the threshold of the door of Wisdom."
- "I always seem to have a vague feeling that he is a Satan among musicians, a fallen angel in the darkness who is perpetually seeking to fight his way back to happiness."
More In War
- "Nothing else so destroys the power to stand alone as the habit of leaning upon others. If you lean, you will never be strong or original. Stand alone or bury your ambition to be somebody in the world."― Orison Swett Marden
- "War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it."― George Orwell
- "War contains so much folly, as well as wickedness, that much is to be hoped from the progress of reason."― James Madison