More From Havelock Ellis
- "‘Charm’ – which means the power to effect work without employing brute force – is indispensable to women. Charm is a woman’s strength just as strength is a man’s charm."
- "If men and women are to understand each other, to enter into each other’s nature with mutual sympathy, and to become capable of genuine comradeship, the foundation must be laid in youth."
- "The family only represents one aspect, however important an aspect, of a human being’s functions and activities. A life is beautiful and ideal or the reverse, only when we have taken into our consideration the social as well as the family relationship."
More In Nature
- "What makes a river so restful to people is that it doesn’t have any doubt – it is sure to get where it is going, and it doesn’t want to go anywhere else."― Hal Boyle
- "I’ll walk where my own nature would be leading: It vexes me to choose another guide."― Emily Bronte
- "Every religion is good that teaches man to be good; and I know of none that instructs him to be bad."― Thomas Paine