More From Harvey Milk
- "It takes no compromising to give people their rights. It takes no money to respect the individual. It takes no survey to remove repressions."
- "More people have been slaughtered in the name of religion than for any other single reason. That, my friends, that is true perversion."
- "The fact is that more people have been slaughtered in the name of religion than for any other single reason. That, THAT my friends, is true perversion."
More In Hope
- "I talked about 12 to 18 months, and that’s about reaffirming our foundation for sustained growth: getting the discipline back, getting the basics right, getting the customer focus back… so by the end of next year, I hope most of that’s in place."― Jim Cantalupo
- "I think it’s realistic to have hope. One can be a perverse idealist and say the easiest thing: ‘I despair. The world’s no good.’ That’s a perverse idealist. It’s practical to hope, because the hope is for us to survive as a human species. That’s very realistic."― Studs Terkel
- "Do parents sit down and tell their kids everything? I don’t know. I don’t know. I’ve convinced myself – I hope I’m right – that children despair of you if you don’t tell them the truth."― Maurice Sendak