More From Harvey Fierstein
- "What looks absolutely fabulous in rehearsal can fall flat in front of an audience. The audience dictates what you do or don’t change."
- "My father was brought up in an orphanage in the Catskills. He was a factory worker. And because his family wasn’t there for him, family was everything. We could disagree inside the house, but outside the house it was us against the world. So when I became a drag actor, he looked sideways but said okay."
- "I do believe we’re all connected. I do believe in positive energy. I do believe in the power of prayer. I do believe in putting good out into the world. And I believe in taking care of each other."
More In Home
- "One of the great privileges of having grown up in a middle-class literary English household, but having gone to school in the front lines in Southeast London, was that I became half-street-urchin and half-good-boy at home. I knew that dichotomy was possible."― Daniel Day-Lewis
- "I think about being married again, having a home and a wife. No one can ever be married too many times, and maybe if I keep trying I’ll get it right one day."― Richard Pryor
- "I usually write away from home, in coffee shops, on trains, on planes, in friends’ houses. I like places where there’s stuff going on that you can lift your eyes, see something interesting, overhear a conversation."― Jonathan Safran Foer