More From Harry S. Truman
- "It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow’s viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences."
- "All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing, and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway."
- "Any man who has had the job I’ve had and didn’t have a sense of humor wouldn’t still be here."
More In Men
- "Beware, so long as you live, of judging men by their outward appearance."― Jean de La Fontaine
- "Brave men are all vertebrates; they have their softness on the surface and their toughness in the middle."― Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "The way of fortune is like the milkyway in the sky; which is a number of small stars, not seen asunder, but giving light together: so it is a number of little and scarce discerned virtues, or rather faculties and customs, that make men fortunate."― Francis Bacon