More From Harry S. Truman
- "The Marine Corps is the Navy’s police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin’s."
- "I would rather have peace in the world than be President."
- "Upon books the collective education of the race depends; they are the sole instruments of registering, perpetuating and transmitting thought."
More In Peace
- "Material loss can be made up through renewed labor, but the moral wrong which has been inflicted upon the conquered peoples, in the peace dictates, leaves a burning scar on the people’s conscience."― Hjalmar Schacht
- "It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it."― Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Those are serious questions of war and peace, of freedom or tyranny, whether or not there is ever going to be a hope of us instilling some democratic systems in a part of the world that frankly is breeding hate and destruction directed right at us."― Zach Wamp