More From Harry S. Truman
- "The atom bomb was no “great decision.” It was merely another powerful weapon in the arsenal of righteousness."
- "I do not believe there is a problem in this country or the world today which could not be settled if approached through the teaching of the Sermon on the Mount."
- "Experience has shown how deeply the seeds of war are planted by economic rivalry and social injustice."
More In Peace
- "I think that it’s always appropriate for Americans and for American foreign policy to make clear why we feel that self-government is most compatible with peace, the well-being of people, and human dignity."― Jeane Kirkpatrick
- "Someday when peace has returned to this odd world I want to come to London again and stand on a certain balcony on a moonlit night and look down upon the peaceful silver curve of the Thames with its dark bridges."― Ernie Pyle
- "Those are serious questions of war and peace, of freedom or tyranny, whether or not there is ever going to be a hope of us instilling some democratic systems in a part of the world that frankly is breeding hate and destruction directed right at us."― Zach Wamp