More From Harry S. Truman
- "We shall never be able to remove suspicion and fear as potential causes of war until communication is permitted to flow, free and open, across international boundaries."
- "America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
- "In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves… self-discipline with all of them came first."
More In Government
- "The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse."― James Madison
- "And some of what we’re doing in Government even now, some of the welfare reform programs that are helping lone mothers come into work are based on things that were very new under the Labour Government in the eighties."― Patricia Hewitt
- "It really lasted the whole game, because I was really untouchable, unstoppable that game. But it was heightened on one particular play, and that was the longest run where everything completely slowed down. My awareness was so keen, it was so heightened, it was really amazing."― Marcus Allen