More From Harrison Birtwistle
- "The theatre only knows what it’s doing next week, not like the opera, where they say: What are we going to do in five years’ time? A completely different attitude."
- "My attitude to writing is like when you do wallpapering, you remember where all the little bits are that don’t meet. And then your friends say: It’s terrific!"
- "When I was confronted with official tuition, the academic thing, I could see no relationship whatever between that and the music I’d been writing since I was 11."
More In Attitude
- "Hollywood’s a very weird place. I think there’s less of everything except for attitude."― Dean Cain
- "Even as a little child, I’ve always had that comedian kind of attitude."― Etta James
- "Religions do a useful thing: they narrow God to the limits of man. Philosophy replies by doing a necessary thing: it elevates man to the plane of God."― Victor Hugo