More From Harrison Birtwistle
- "The theatre only knows what it’s doing next week, not like the opera, where they say: What are we going to do in five years’ time? A completely different attitude."
- "When I was confronted with official tuition, the academic thing, I could see no relationship whatever between that and the music I’d been writing since I was 11."
- "My attitude to writing is like when you do wallpapering, you remember where all the little bits are that don’t meet. And then your friends say: It’s terrific!"
More In Attitude
- "Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance."― Kofi Annan
- "Our spiritual attitude is determined by our conception of our relation to infinite spirit."― Paul Twitchell
- "That term’s definitely got a negative aura to it, because people think a diva is somebody with an attitude who demands things all the time. Of course there is that type of diva, but my idea of a diva has always been a singer – whether male or female – who gets on that stage and captivates you with their presence and their voice."― Jordin Sparks