More From Harold Pinter
- "I don’t intend to simply go away and write my plays and be a good boy. I intend to remain an independent and political intelligence in my own right."
- "I think that NATO is itself a war criminal."
- "There’s a tradition in British intellectual life of mocking any non-political force that gets involved in politics, especially within the sphere of the arts and the theatre."
More In Government
- "A Conservative government is necessary. There is no credible alternative."― Jarvis Cocker
- "There was a chance for me to write one song for the section where Elvis sat in his black leather outfit and sang the old hits. At eight oclock the next morning I had written Memories."― Mac Davis
- "Do we talk about the dignity of work? Do we give our students any reason for believing it is worthwhile to sacrifice for their work because such sacrifices improve the psychological and mental health of the person who makes them?"― Sargent Shriver