More From Harold Pinter
- "I was brought up in the War. I was an adolescent in the Second World War. And I did witness in London a great deal of the Blitz."
- "I don’t intend to simply go away and write my plays and be a good boy. I intend to remain an independent and political intelligence in my own right."
- "My second play, The Birthday Party, I wrote in 1958 – or 1957. It was totally destroyed by the critics of the day, who called it an absolute load of rubbish."
More In Government
- "I know it’s going to be the private sector that leads this country out of the current economic times we’re in. You can spend your money better than the government can spend your money."― George W. Bush
- "I expect my next job to be outside government."― John Engler
- "The fact that political ideologies are tangible realities is not a proof of their vitally necessary character. The bubonic plague was an extraordinarily powerful social reality, but no one would have regarded it as vitally necessary."― Wilhelm Reich