More From Harold Bloom
- "Criticism in the universities, I’ll have to admit, has entered a phase where I am totally out of sympathy with 95% of what goes on. It’s Stalinism without Stalin."
- "But in the end, in the end one is alone. We are all of us alone. I mean I’m told these days we have to consider ourselves as being in society… but in the end one knows one is alone, that one lives at the heart of a solitude."
- "The second, and I think this is the much more overt and I think it is the main cause, I have been increasingly demonstrating or trying to demonstrate that every possible stance a critic, a scholar, a teacher can take towards a poem is itself inevitably and necessarily poetic."
More In Strength
- "I mean I’m not smarter than the market, but I can recognize a good tape and a bad tape. I recognize when it’s right and when it’s wrong and that’s what my strength is."― Jim Cramer
- "In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength."― Robert E. Lee
- "Good composition is like a suspension bridge – each line adds strength and takes none away."― Robert Henri