More From Harold Bloom
- "The second, and I think this is the much more overt and I think it is the main cause, I have been increasingly demonstrating or trying to demonstrate that every possible stance a critic, a scholar, a teacher can take towards a poem is itself inevitably and necessarily poetic."
- "Criticism in the universities, I’ll have to admit, has entered a phase where I am totally out of sympathy with 95% of what goes on. It’s Stalinism without Stalin."
- "But in the end, in the end one is alone. We are all of us alone. I mean I’m told these days we have to consider ourselves as being in society… but in the end one knows one is alone, that one lives at the heart of a solitude."
More In Strength
- "Many people think they want things, but they don’t really have the strength, the discipline. They are weak. I believe that you get what you want if you want it badly enough."― Sophia Loren
- "The guys I date always want to test my strength and wrestle around. By the end, they’re drenched in sweat."― Gina Carano
- "Prayer is more than meditation. In meditation the source of strength is one’s self. When one prays he goes to a source of strength greater than his own."― Chiang Kai-shek