More From Harold Bloom
- "The second, and I think this is the much more overt and I think it is the main cause, I have been increasingly demonstrating or trying to demonstrate that every possible stance a critic, a scholar, a teacher can take towards a poem is itself inevitably and necessarily poetic."
- "But in the end, in the end one is alone. We are all of us alone. I mean I’m told these days we have to consider ourselves as being in society… but in the end one knows one is alone, that one lives at the heart of a solitude."
- "Criticism in the universities, I’ll have to admit, has entered a phase where I am totally out of sympathy with 95% of what goes on. It’s Stalinism without Stalin."
More In Strength
- "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will."― Vince Lombardi
- "I would fight for my liberty so long as my strength lasted, and if the time came for me to go, the Lord would let them take me."― Harriet Tubman
- "President Obama’s record on national security is a tribute to his strength, and judgment, and to his preference for inclusion and partnership over partisanship."― William J. Clinton