More From Hannah Arendt
- "To be free in an age like ours, one must be in a position of authority. That in itself would be enough to make me ambitious."
- "Poets are the only people to whom love is not only a crucial, but an indispensable experience, which entitles them to mistake it for a universal one."
- "This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
More In Power
- "The real problem is that the way that power is given out in our society pits us against each other."― Anita Hill
- "I’ve worked with many directors, good ones and bad ones. So if I have a chance to work the good ones, I better put myself in their hands, and trust them, because that’s my big opportunity to be different, and to be better than usual."― Thomas Kretschmann
- "The worst pain a man can suffer: to have insight into much and power over nothing."― Herodotus