More From H. L. Mencken
- "Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn’t they’d be married too."
- "No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby."
- "Women always excel men in that sort of wisdom which comes from experience. To be a woman is in itself a terrible experience."
More In Music
- "I’m a visual thinker, really bad at algebra. There’s others that are a pattern thinker. These are the music and math minds. They think in patterns instead of pictures. Then there’s another type that’s not a visual thinker at all, and they’re the ones that memorize all of the sports statistics, all of the weather statistics."― Temple Grandin
- "The earth has grown old with its burden of care, but at Christmas it always is young, the heart of the jewel burns lustrous and fair, and its soul full of music breaks the air, when the song of angels is sung."― Phillips Brooks
- "Music is the soul of language."― Max Heindel