More From H. L. Mencken
- "A society made up of individuals who were all capable of original thought would probably be unendurable."
- "The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated."
- "Women have simple tastes. They get pleasure out of the conversation of children in arms and men in love."
More In Men
- "Men have as exaggerated an idea of their rights as women have of their wrongs."― E. W. Howe
- "Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor."― Benjamin Franklin
- "I think people are born bisexual and the make subconscious choices based on the pressures of society. I have no question in my mind about being bisexual. But I’m also a hypocrite: I would never date a girl who is bisexual, because that means they also sleep with men, and men are so dirty that I’d never sleep with a girl who had slept with a man."― Megan Fox