More From H. L. Mencken
- "What men value in this world is not rights but privileges."
- "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
- "Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another."
More In Men
- "To understand how any society functions you must understand the relationship between the men and the women."― Angela Davis
- "All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."― Sun Tzu
- "We especially need imagination in science. It is not all mathematics, nor all logic, but it is somewhat beauty and poetry."― Maria Montessori