More From H. G. Wells
- "There’s nothing wrong in suffering, if you suffer for a purpose. Our revolution didn’t abolish danger or death. It simply made danger and death worthwhile."
- "Man is the unnatural animal, the rebel child of nature, and more and more does he turn himself against the harsh and fitful hand that reared him."
- "In politics, strangely enough, the best way to play your cards is to lay them face upwards on the table."
More In Education
- "Some people will never learn anything, for this reason, because they understand everything too soon."― Alexander Pope
- "In our post-9/11 world, our Nation’s military deserves, at least the same access to institutions of higher education that any other major employer might enjoy."― Mike Rogers
- "I am entirely certain that twenty years from now we will look back at education as it is practiced in most schools today and wonder that we could have tolerated anything so primitive."― John W. Gardner