More From H. G. Wells
- "Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature’s inexorable imperative."
- "Advertising is legalized lying."
- "We are living in 1937, and our universities, I suggest, are not half-way out of the fifteenth century. We have made hardly any changes in our conception of university organization, education, graduation, for a century – for several centuries."
More In Education
- "When a woman earns a dollar, the payback is higher. She’ll invest in her children, in their education, health care, and basic needs. The impact of a woman’s role in the economy benefits society at large."― Andrea Jung
- "I doubt whether classical education ever has been or can be successfully carried out without corporal punishment."― George Orwell
- "Learning is a result of listening, which in turn leads to even better listening and attentiveness to the other person. In other words, to learn from the child, we must have empathy, and empathy grows as we learn."― Alice Miller