More From Gwendolyn Brooks
- "Poetry is life distilled."
- "Art hurts. Art urges voyages – and it is easier to stay at home."
- "When you love a man, he becomes more than a body. His physical limbs expand, and his outline recedes, vanishes. He is rich and sweet and right. He is part of the world, the atmosphere, the blue sky and the blue water."
More In Education
- "We Americans have the great gifts of freedom and democracy, but it has been our education system that has fulfilled the promise of democracy."― James E. Rogers
- "Violence is black children going to school for 12 years and receiving 6 years’ worth of education."― Julian Bond
- "I do have a close circle of friends and I am very fortunate to have them as friends. I feel very close to them I think friends are everything in life after your family. You come across lots of people all the time but you only make very few friends and you have to be true to them otherwise what’s the point in life?"― Shahrukh Khan