More From Gwendolyn Brooks
- "When you love a man, he becomes more than a body. His physical limbs expand, and his outline recedes, vanishes. He is rich and sweet and right. He is part of the world, the atmosphere, the blue sky and the blue water."
- "Art hurts. Art urges voyages – and it is easier to stay at home."
- "Poetry is life distilled."
More In Education
- "Without in any way minimising the economic and psychological blow that people experience when they lose their jobs, the unemployed in affluent countries still have a safety net, in the form of social security payments, and usually free healthcare and free education for their children. They also have sanitation and safe drinking water."― Peter Singer
- "Father had notions about manhood suffrage, public schools, the education and the elevation of the masses, and the gradual emancipation of the slaves, that did not suit the uncompromising views of people in places like Richmond."― John Sergeant Wise
- "I’m a big believer in education, period."― Jon Secada