More From Gustave Flaubert
- "The artist must be in his work as God is in creation, invisible and all-powerful; one must sense him everywhere but never see him."
- "I believe that if one always looked at the skies, one would end up with wings."
- "To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
More In Poetry
- "You don’t help people in your poems. I’ve been trying to help people all my life – that’s my trouble."― Charles Olson
- "I basically left Texas with no money. I was making $3.50 working in some mall, so I didn’t have a lot of cash. I took $1,000 and headed to California. Along the way I stopped in Vegas because I had always wanted to see Caesar’s Palace. So I stopped there and won $2,500 on a slot machine! It was amazing."― Krista Allen
- "As to London we must console ourselves with the thought that if life outside is less poetic than it was in the days of old, inwardly its poetry is much deeper."― Goldwin Smith