More From Gustave Flaubert
- "Oh, if I had been loved at the age of seventeen, what an idiot I would be today. Happiness is like smallpox: if you catch it too soon, it can completely ruin your constitution."
- "The cult of art gives pride; one never has too much of it."
- "The artist must be in his work as God is in creation, invisible and all-powerful; one must sense him everywhere but never see him."
More In Good
- "A good person can make another person good; it means that goodness will elicit goodness in the society; other persons will also be good."― Beyonce Knowles
- "Life deprived of beauty is not worthy of being called human."― Luis Barragan
- "A good husband is never the first to go to sleep at night or the last to awake in the morning."― Honore de Balzac