More From Gustav Stresemann
- "If one seeks to analyze experiences and reactions to the first postwar years, I hope one may say without being accused of bias that it is easier for the victor than for the vanquished to advocate peace."
- "For the victor peace means the preservation of the position of power which he has secured. For the vanquished it means resigning himself to the position left to him."
- "In every man the memory of the struggles and the heroes of the past is alive. But these memories are not incompatible with the desire for peace in the future."
More In Beauty
- "I look OK. I look better in person than I do on film, which is bad because it’s how I make my living, but I am not a beauty and on balance I am glad."― Felicity Huffman
- "Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all."― W. Somerset Maugham
- "Four years of football are calculated to breed in the average man more of the ingredients of success in life than almost any academic course he takes."― Knute Rockne