More From Gus Van Sant
- "I hadn’t made a big-budget film, and in Hollywood there’s a sort of man and boys situation. You’re a man, you make $80 million movies! As if it’s harder to make an $80 million movie. Well, I guess businesswise it is because you have more executives to argue with."
- "In rare cases, I’ve had music before I shot the movie. I think that for ‘Good Will Hunting’ I had an Elliot Smith record or a couple of them and I just somehow felt like the sound had something to it that reminded me of the story. So in that case there was music beforehand."
- "Because I didn’t have brothers, I was always interested in the kids down the street that had four brothers in their family, so I became one of them – but it was not my family."
More In Romantic
- "My greatest environments in which I can grow, or grow up, is in personal romantic relationships with a man."― Alanis Morissette
- "Classical, Romantic, and Baroque music, that’s what I really like."― Joan Armatrading
- "If I were given a choice between two films and one was dark and explored depraved, troubled or sick aspects of our culture, I would always opt for that over the next romantic comedy."― David Schwimmer