More From Gus Van Sant
- "Now the music industry is sort of like a Craigslist venture, right? Where you’re making your own records and selling them online."
- "Gay marriage is the last bastion of, to me… as a legal, ceremonial, sentimental and religious side, it’s one of the last steps. Retaining your job being one of the earlier steps, like, not getting kicked out of your job because you’re gay."
- "If I’m diagnosed with cancer I might become despondent, but someone young might not, and they might need connections with somebody outside their circle of family because their family is so despondent."
More In Art
- "I think good art does come from a dark place."― Rick Springfield
- "Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV."― Ani DiFranco
- "It’s art that pushes against psychological and social expectations, that tries to transform decay into something generative, that is replicative in a baroque way, that isn’t about progress, and wants to – as Walt Whitman put it – ‘contain multitudes.’"― Jerry Saltz