More From Gus Van Sant
- "If I’m diagnosed with cancer I might become despondent, but someone young might not, and they might need connections with somebody outside their circle of family because their family is so despondent."
- "My art teacher in junior high was a very out gay man and a mentor to me."
- "With ‘Good Will Hunting,’ Miramax made certain the recruited audience wasn’t expecting to laugh at Robin Williams like they normally do. From my limited experience, you can really blow test screenings by conducting them in the wrong way."
More In Art
- "The art which we may call generally art of the wayside, as opposed to that which is the business of men’s lives, is, in the best sense of the word, Grotesque."― John Ruskin
- "What I’m doing is art – it’s low-brow art but there’s a magic in that."― Kesha
- "In law, nothing is certain but the expense."― Samuel Butler