More From Gus Van Sant
- "The things that inform student culture are created and controlled by the unseen culture, the sociological aspects of our climbing culture, our ‘me’ generation, our yuppie culture, our SUVs, or, you know, shopping culture, our war culture."
- "When I was 14, I felt very rundown; I had a home to go to, but I felt like I was 60 or something, older than I feel now. And I don’t know if it’s something that happens at 14, or whether it was adolescence or whether I was gay, or closeted gay, or whatever it was, I felt that."
- "In rare cases, I’ve had music before I shot the movie. I think that for ‘Good Will Hunting’ I had an Elliot Smith record or a couple of them and I just somehow felt like the sound had something to it that reminded me of the story. So in that case there was music beforehand."
More In Car
- "I definitely have found a balance. I’ve had so many offers in the past to do different movies or different things and I always choose tournaments over it."― Serena Williams
- "I don’t actually own a car."― Chris Martin
- "You have to enable and empower people to make decisions independent of you. As I’ve learned, each person on a team is an extension of your leadership; if they feel empowered by you they will magnify your power to lead."― Tom Ridge