More From Guru Nanak
- "The production of children, the nurture of those born, and the daily life of men, of these matters woman is visibly the cause."
- "Offspring, the due performance on religious rites, faithful service, highest conjugal happiness and heavenly bliss for the ancestors and oneself, depend on one’s wife alone."
- "Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truly die."
More In God
- "We are victims of evil customs. It is a crime against humanity that our women are shut up within the four walls of the houses as prisoners. There is no sanction anywhere for the deplorable condition in which our women have to live."― Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- "I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, he can work through anyone."― Francis of Assisi
- "I was lucky because on the morning after the burning of the Reichstag I left my home very early to catch a train to Berlin for the conference of our student organization and that is the only reason why I escaped arrest."― Klaus Fuchs