More From Guru Nanak
- "The production of children, the nurture of those born, and the daily life of men, of these matters woman is visibly the cause."
- "Offspring, the due performance on religious rites, faithful service, highest conjugal happiness and heavenly bliss for the ancestors and oneself, depend on one’s wife alone."
- "God is one, but he has innumerable forms. He is the creator of all and He himself takes the human form."
More In Death
- "I’m not supposed to be able to speak clearly, and decipher what’s going on in the media. I’m supposed to be the typical amateur who’s 22 and scared to death and can’t believe he won the Olympics."― Carl Lewis
- "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."― Evelyn Beatrice Hall
- "No slavery can be abolished without a double emancipation, and the master will benefit by freedom more than the freed-man."― Thomas Huxley