More From Guru Nanak
- "God is one, but he has innumerable forms. He is the creator of all and He himself takes the human form."
- "The production of children, the nurture of those born, and the daily life of men, of these matters woman is visibly the cause."
- "Offspring, the due performance on religious rites, faithful service, highest conjugal happiness and heavenly bliss for the ancestors and oneself, depend on one’s wife alone."
More In Death
- "A text of Tibetan Buddhism describes the time of death as a unique opportunity for spiritual liberation from the cycles of death and rebirth and a period that determines our next incarnation."― Stanislav Grof
- "I was taught to confront things you can’t avoid. Death is one of those things. To live in a society where you’re trying not to look at it is stupid because looking at death throws us back into life with more vigour and energy. The fact that flowers don’t last for ever makes them beautiful."― Damien Hirst
- "Give me liberty or give me death."― Patrick Henry