More From Guillermo Cabrera Infante
- "What I do believe is that there is always a relationship between writing and reading, a constant interplay between the writer on the one hand and the reader on the other."
- "The relationship between reader and characters is very difficult. It is even more peculiar than the relationship between the writer and his characters."
- "Puns are a form of humor with words."
More In Society
- "Although images of perfection in people’s personal lives can cause unhappiness, images of perfect societies – utopian images – can cause monstrous evil. In fact, forcefully changing society to conform to societal images was the greatest cause of evil in the twentieth century."― Dennis Prager
- "The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence."― Ron Paul
- "We have to challenge the whole idea that it’s acceptable for a society like Britain to have such a significant number of people who do not work one day of the week and don’t have any possibility of improving the quality of their lives."― Iain Duncan Smith