More From Graham Greene
- "Against the beautiful and the clever and the successful, one can wage a pitiless war, but not against the unattractive: then the millstone weighs on the breast."
- "The great advantage of being a writer is that you can spy on people. You’re there, listening to every word, but part of you is observing. Everything is useful to a writer, you see – every scrap, even the longest and most boring of luncheon parties."
- "If you have abandoned one faith, do not abandon all faith. There is always an alternative to the faith we lose. Or is it the same faith under another mask?"
More In Death
- "As men are not able to fight against death, misery, ignorance, they have taken it into their heads, in order to be happy, not to think of them at all."― Blaise Pascal
- "I love Richard Pryor. I love him to death."― Mike Epps
- "Men should be bewailed at their birth, and not at their death."― Charles de Montesquieu