More From Graham Greene
- "Heresy is another word for freedom of thought."
- "Morality comes with the sad wisdom of age, when the sense of curiosity has withered."
- "The great advantage of being a writer is that you can spy on people. You’re there, listening to every word, but part of you is observing. Everything is useful to a writer, you see – every scrap, even the longest and most boring of luncheon parties."
More In Death
- "That which is so universal as death must be a benefit."― Friedrich Schiller
- "But there is a difference here: When Jewish children are murdered, Arabs celebrate the deed. The death of an Arab child is no cause for celebration in Israel."― Theodore Bikel
- "Death is a commingling of eternity with time; in the death of a good man, eternity is seen looking through time."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe