More From Golda Meir
- "We don’t thrive on military acts. We do them because we have to, and thank God we are efficient."
- "Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you’re aboard, there’s nothing you can do."
- "I don’t know why you use a fancy French word like detente when there’s a good English phrase for it – cold war."
More In War
- "As a result of my philosophy, I wasn’t even upset about Hitler. I was willing to go to war to knock him off, but I didn’t hate him. I hated what he was doing."― Albert Ellis
- "I venture to say no war can be long carried on against the will of the people."― Edmund Burke
- "If Scotland and America go to war, I’m afraid I’ve already sworn in."― Craig Ferguson