More From Gloria Steinem
- "Unless we include a job as part of every citizen’s right to autonomy and personal fulfillment, women will continue to be vulnerable to someone else’s idea of what need is."
- "Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry."
- "God may be in the details, but the goddess is in the questions. Once we begin to ask them, there’s no turning back."
More In Women
- "You can find women who have never had an affair, but it is hard to find a woman who has had just one."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Reading, solitude, idleness, a soft and sedentary life, intercourse with women and young people, these are perilous paths for a young man, and these lead him constantly into danger."― Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- "The men and women of Afghanistan are building a nation that is free, and proud, and fighting terror – and America is honored to be their friend."― George W. Bush