More From Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around."
- "Experience which was once claimed by the aged is now claimed exclusively by the young."
- "Thieves respect property. They merely wish the property to become their property that they may more perfectly respect it."
More In Men
- "The boys of my people began very young to learn the ways of men, and no one taught us; we just learned by doing what we saw, and we were warriors at a time when boys now are like girls."― Black Elk
- "In Heaven, I believe my dad is somewhere doing something nice. I feel I’ve been too lucky to travel this far without somebody guiding me."― Katherine Jenkins
- "Nine men in ten are would be suicides."― Benjamin Franklin