More From Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "We are justified in enforcing good morals, for they belong to all mankind; but we are not justified in enforcing good manners, for good manners always mean our own manners."
- "When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude."
- "The purpose of Compulsory Education is to deprive the common people of their commonsense."
More In Men
- "We cannot learn men from books."― Benjamin Disraeli
- "Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent."― Napoleon Hill
- "Friends are generally of the same sex, for when men and women agree, it is only in the conclusions; their reasons are always different."― George Santayana