More From Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."
- "When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude."
- "Men always talk about the most important things to perfect strangers. In the perfect stranger we perceive man himself; the image of a God is not disguised by resemblances to an uncle or doubts of wisdom of a mustache."
More In God
- "God is looking for people to use, and if you can get usable, he will wear you out. The most dangerous prayer you can pray is this: ‘Use me.’"― Rick Warren
- "Reason is God’s crowning gift to man."― Sophocles
- "Eskimo: “If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?” Priest: “No, not if you did not know.” Eskimo: “Then why did you tell me?”"― Annie Dillard