More From Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land."
- "Fable is more historical than fact, because fact tells us about one man and fable tells us about a million men."
- "Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame."
More In God
- "Golf… is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well."― P. G. Wodehouse
- "God sometimes does try to the uttermost those whom he wishes to bless."― Mahatma Gandhi
- "The tendency to claim God as an ally for our partisan value and ends is the source of all religious fanaticism."― Reinhold Niebuhr