More From Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "We are justified in enforcing good morals, for they belong to all mankind; but we are not justified in enforcing good manners, for good manners always mean our own manners."
- "I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."
- "It is the test of a good religion whether you can joke about it."
More In God
- "There cannot be a God because if there were one, I could not believe that I was not He."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "I’m sick of just liking people. I wish to God I could meet somebody I could respect."― J. D. Salinger
- "In the nineteenth century the problem was that God is dead. In the twentieth century the problem is that man is dead."― Erich Fromm