More From Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land."
- "When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude."
- "The most dangerous criminal now is the entirely lawless modern philosopher. Compared to him, burglars and bigamists are essentially moral men."
More In Courage
- "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."― Pericles
- "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."― Nelson Mandela
- "And I think most people in this country want to see a president that’s got the courage to say we’re going to cut the tax burden, and reduce the regulatory climate, and we’re going to get Americans working."― Rick Perry