More From Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "Education is the period during which you are being instructed by somebody you do not know, about something you do not want to know."
- "The word “good” has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man."
- "The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself."
More In Courage
- "I said peace is sometimes narrowly interpreted; it’s the absence of conflict between nations or something. But peace is more inherent, more basic to human life, human beings, what we feel about each other, what we feel about life around us and what we see in our future."― Muhammad Yunus
- "The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow."― Jim Hightower
- "Cowardice and courage are never without a measure of affectation. Nor is love. Feelings are never true. They play with their mirrors."― Jean Baudrillard