More From Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "We make our friends; we make our enemies; but God makes our next door neighbour."
- "To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless."
- "Happy is he who still loves something he loved in the nursery: He has not been broken in two by time; he is not two men, but one, and he has saved not only his soul but his life."
More In Good
- "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful."― Mae West
- "I live in sin, to kill myself I live; no longer my life my own, but sin’s; my good is given to me by heaven, my evil by myself, by my free will, of which I am deprived."― Michelangelo
- "No man is good enough to govern any woman without her consent."― Susan B. Anthony