More From Gertrude Stein
- "Just as everybody has the vote including women, I think children should, because as a child is conscious of itself then it has to me an existence and has a stake in what happens."
- "A writer should write with his eyes and a painter paint with his ears."
- "I could undertake to be an efficient pupil if it were possible to find an efficient teacher."
More In Death
- "When my parents died, it became clear to me that there was an end in sight. Death was never a real thing to me. And then when that happened I realized I only have so many years left, if I’m lucky."― Rick Baker
- "I start thinking about life after death. I’ve got to quit thinking about it because it’s very deep. Very deep. Sometimes you start thinking about it, and you don’t feel like you want to be alive, so I don’t like to get all quiet."― David Ortiz
- "As long as your body is healthy and under control and death is distant, try to save your soul; when death is immanent what can you do?"― Chanakya