More From Gertrude Stein
- "An audience is always warming but it must never be necessary to your work."
- "It is funny that men who are supposed to be scientific cannot get themselves to realise the basic principle of physics, that action and reaction are equal and opposite, that when you persecute people you always rouse them to be strong and stronger."
- "Very likely education does not make very much difference."
More In Death
- "There is less pressure as a character actor. It generally means that you will be acting for all of your life, which is my intention. It is not my intention to just be a rich and famous person, that would be pretty boring."― Tim Roth
- "As a comic, you try something and if it works you go with it and grind it to death."― Alexei Sayle
- "There’s nothing wrong in suffering, if you suffer for a purpose. Our revolution didn’t abolish danger or death. It simply made danger and death worthwhile."― H. G. Wells