More From Gertrude Stein
- "What is marriage, is marriage protection or religion, is marriage renunciation or abundance, is marriage a stepping-stone or an end. What is marriage."
- "Poetry consists in a rhyming dictionary and things seen."
- "Just as everybody has the vote including women, I think children should, because as a child is conscious of itself then it has to me an existence and has a stake in what happens."
More In Funny
- "The word ‘funny’ is a bit like the word ‘love’ – we don’t have enough words to describe the many varieties."― George Saunders
- "As a five-year-old in Berlin in 1965, I didn’t know that funny women existed. It wasn’t until I got back to England that I realised women could be funny."― Jenny Eclair
- "Who picks your clothes – Stevie Wonder?"― Don Rickles