More From Gertrude Stein
- "It is funny that men who are supposed to be scientific cannot get themselves to realise the basic principle of physics, that action and reaction are equal and opposite, that when you persecute people you always rouse them to be strong and stronger."
- "A writer should write with his eyes and a painter paint with his ears."
- "It is funny the two things most men are proudest of is the thing that any man can do and doing does in the same way, that is being drunk and being the father of their son."
More In Work
- "If you’re interested in ‘balancing’ work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable."― Donald Trump
- "To make films like ‘X-Men’ work commercially – and also have some class – is one of the hardest things there is to do. I want to be seen to be able to cross lots of genres and still be ‘fair dinkum,’ as we say in Australia, which means genuine and true and, well, unique."― Hugh Jackman
- "I think generally playing live is a crap idea. So much of stage work is the presentation of personality, and I’ve never been interested in that."― Brian Eno