More From Gerrit Smith
- "It is not to be disguised, that a war has broken out between the North and the South. – Political and commercial men are industriously striving to restore peace: but the peace, which they would effect, is superficial, false, and temporary."
- "It is manifestly vital to the success of the anti-slavery cause, that the authority and influence of proslavery, especially of slaveholding, ministers should be destroyed."
- "I welcomed the organization of the Anti-slavery Society."
More In Marriage
- "Quarrels often arise in marriages when the bridal gifts are excessive."― Antisthenes
- "We all want something else other than what we have and don’t realize what you got works. It works. It does work. You gotta work. Marriage is work. Marriage is a career. It’s not an adventure."― Sinbad
- "My parents separated when I was four. It wasn’t the smoothest of divorces, but then as my mother always says, you can’t have a passionate marriage without a passionate divorce."― Sophie Ellis Bextor