More From Geronimo
- "The soldiers never explained to the government when an Indian was wronged, but reported the misdeeds of the Indians."
- "I was warmed by the sun, rocked by the winds and sheltered by the trees as other Indian babes. I was living peaceably when people began to speak bad of me. Now I can eat well, sleep well and be glad. I can go everywhere with a good feeling."
- "I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us. There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say."
More In Trust
- "I just want to make my music, and I want it to stand on its own."― Norah Jones
- "If we put our trust in the common sense of common men and ‘with malice toward none and charity for all’ go forward on the great adventure of making political, economic and social democracy a practical reality, we shall not fail."― Henry A. Wallace
- "Apart from a few simple principles, the sound and rhythm of English prose seem to me matters where both writers and readers should trust not so much to rules as to their ears."― F. L. Lucas