More From Gerald R. Ford
- "I love sports. Whenever I can, I always watch the Detroit Tigers on the radio."
- "I had pro offers from the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers, who were pretty hard up for linemen in those days. If I had gone into professional football the name Jerry Ford might have been a household word today."
- "History and experience tell us that moral progress comes not in comfortable and complacent times, but out of trial and confusion."
More In Success
- "There is little success where there is little laughter."― Andrew Carnegie
- "So many stars lose their way, and with success become more neurotic, not less so."― Francesca Annis
- "While I was doing stand-up, I thought I knew for sure that success meant getting everyone to like me. So I became whoever I thought people wanted me to be. I’d say yes when I wanted to say no, and I even wore a few dresses."― Ellen DeGeneres