More From George William Curtis
- "A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
- "The test of civilization is its estimate of women."
- "Romance like a ghost escapes touching; it is always where you are not, not where you are. The interview or conversation was prose at the time, but it is poetry in the memory."
More In Fitness
- "I’m still very professional about my fitness. I stay in trim as I always did."― Peter Shilton
- "The main thing is that it’s nice to see these young people – 9 to 14 years old – take the opportunity to get more involved in their health and fitness. We need more kids to be more active."― Rafer Johnson
- "And you know, the baby boomers are getting older, and those off the rack clothes are just not fitting right any longer, and so, tailor-made suits are coming back into fashion."― Amy Irving