More From George Whitefield
- "We are immortal until our work on earth is done."
- "Although believers by nature, are far from God, and children of wrath, even as others, yet it is amazing to think how nigh they are brought to him again by the blood of Jesus Christ."
- "Nothing is more generally known than our duties which belong to Christianity; and yet, how amazing is it, nothing is less practiced?"
More In Religion
- "But is it not the fact that religion emanates from the nature, from the moral state of the individual? Is it not therefore true that unless the nature be completely exercised, the moral state harmonized, the religion cannot be healthy?"― Harriet Martineau
- "The dissolution of the nation destroys the national religion, and dethrones the national deity."― William Robertson Smith
- "The role of the teacher is to create the conditions for invention rather than provide ready-made knowledge."― Seymour Papert