More From George Whitefield
- "Nothing is more generally known than our duties which belong to Christianity; and yet, how amazing is it, nothing is less practiced?"
- "But he is unworthy the name of a minister of the gospel of peace, who is unwilling, not only to have his name cast out as evil, but also to die for the truths of the Lord Jesus."
- "O my brethren, my heart is enlarge towards you. I trust I feel something of that hidden, but powerful presence of Christ, whilst I am preaching to you."
More In God
- "Imagination is the voice of daring. If there is anything Godlike about God it is that. He dared to imagine everything."― Henry Miller
- "Worry – a God, invisible but omnipotent. It steals the bloom from the cheek and lightness from the pulse; it takes away the appetite, and turns the hair gray."― Benjamin Disraeli
- "And I’ve come to the place where I believe that there’s no way to solve these problems, these issues – there’s nothing that we can do that will solve the problems that we have and keep the peace, unless we solve it through God, unless we solve it in being our highest self. And that’s a pretty tall order."― Glenn Beck