More From George Whitefield
- "We are immortal until our work on earth is done."
- "Nothing is more generally known than our duties which belong to Christianity; and yet, how amazing is it, nothing is less practiced?"
- "The great and important duty which is incumbent on Christians, is to guard against all appearance of evil; to watch against the first risings in the heart to evil; and to have a guard upon our actions, that they may not be sinful, or so much as seem to be so."
More In God
- "I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us. There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say."― Geronimo
- "And that’s really what’s happening in this country is a violation of the First Commandment. We have become a country entrenched in idolatry, and that idolatry is the dependency upon our government. We’re supposed to depend upon God for our protection and our provision and for our daily bread, not for our government."― Sharron Angle
- "Marrying for love may be a bit risky, but it is so honest that God can’t help but smile on it."― Josh Billings