More From George Whitefield
- "For it pleased God, after he had made all things by the word of his power, to create man after his own image."
- "O that unbelievers would learn of faithful Abraham, and believe whatever is revealed from God, though they cannot fully comprehend it! Abraham knew God commanded him to offer up his son, and therefore believed, notwithstanding carnal reasoning might suggest may objections."
- "No, the religion of Jesus is a social religion."
More In Peace
- "There is one criticism which cannot be leveled at interparliamentary conferences but which is applicable to a great extent to peace congresses: the meetings waste time."― Fredrik Bajer
- "Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. It demands greater heroism than war. It demands greater fidelity to the truth and a much more perfect purity of conscience."― Thomas Merton
- "We have been terrorised by what happened in America and we express our condolences to the American people who suffered from this unexpected catastrophe and a new world war."― Muammar al-Gaddafi