More From George Washington
- "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism."
- "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."
- "We are persuaded that good Christians will always be good citizens, and that where righteousness prevails among individuals the Nation will be great and happy. Thus while just government protects all in their religious rights, true religion affords to government it’s surest support."
More In Good
- "It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind."― Voltaire
- "Every book you pick up has its own lesson or lessons, and quite often the bad books have more to teach than the good ones."― Stephen King
- "The whole essence of good drawing – and of good thinking, perhaps – is to work a subject down to the simplest form possible and still have it believable for what it is meant to be."― Chuck Jones