More From George Washington Carver
- "Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God."
- "Our creator is the same and never changes despite the names given Him by people here and in all parts of the world. Even if we gave Him no name at all, He would still be there, within us, waiting to give us good on this earth."
- "Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise."
More In Hope
- "I don’t think I’m a total pessimist, so I think you can find hope in all my films."― Spike Lee
- "I’m looking for a way out of here. I can’t have it physically, so I’m going to have it intellectually. It was a beautiful thing to ride Seabiscuit in my imagination. And it’s just fantastic to be there alongside Louie as he’s breaking the NCAA mile record. People at these vigorous moments in their lives – it’s my way of living vicariously."― Laura Hillenbrand
- "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all."― Emily Dickinson