More From George Washington Carver
- "Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise."
- "Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God."
- "How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."
More In History
- "‘WASP’ is the only ethnic term that is in fact a term of class, apart from redneck, which is another word for the same group but who are in the lower social strata, so it’s inexplicably tied up with social standing and culture and history in a way that the other hyphenations just are not."― Christopher Hitchens
- "Those who become mentally ill often have a history of chronic pain."― Gene Tierney
- "Long before history began we men have got together apart from the women and done things. We had time."― C. S. Lewis