More From George Wald
- "The Nobel Prize is an honor unique in the world in having found its way into the hearts and minds of simple people everywhere. It casts a light of peace and reason upon us all; and for that I am especially grateful."
- "The only point of government is to safeguard and foster life."
- "There is nothing worth having that can he obtained by nuclear war – nothing material or ideological – no tradition that it can defend. It is utterly self-defeating."
More In Death
- "Research challenges the materialistic understanding of death, according to which biological death represents the final end of existence and of all conscious activity."― Stanislav Grof
- "That is the great mistake about the affections. It is not the rise and fall of empires, the birth and death of kings, or the marching of armies that move them most. When they answer from their depths, it is to the domestic joys and tragedies of life."― Amelia Barr
- "Time rushes towards us with its hospital tray of infinitely varied narcotics, even while it is preparing us for its inevitably fatal operation."― Tennessee Williams